Top Online Bingo Sites
|Online Casino||Rating||Bonus %||Bonus||Play|
|1.||Bingo for Money||
|3.||South Beach Bingo||
How did Bingo originate?
Bingo has been part of popular culture for over 500 years now; however the bingo we know today has changed quite significantly since its origins in Italy in the 1500’s, where the game was created as a lottery and was called “Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia”, which people still play today.. This early version of bingo eventually moved into France, known as “Le Lotto” where it was mostly wealthy men playing, and from there into Germany circa 1880, where they saw the educational potential bingo had, and the game was used to teach school children mathematics. By 1929, the game reached the US, however had still not fully evolved into the bingo game as we know it today. It was called “Beano” because if the caller announced a number that a player had on their card, a bean was used to mark it, until a straight line was formed in any direction across the card and the player would yell out “Beano” to announce his/her win. In 1930 a Toy salesman, Edwin S. Lowe from New York was watching a game and overheard a player accidentally yell out “Bingo” instead of “Beano” and he took it upon himself to redesign the game calling it Bingo.
Lowe hired Carl Leffler, a math professor to come up with as many bingo card combinations as possible, and Leffler produced over 6,000 different bingo cards. Soon after this, bingo was introduced to the church, where it was used as a fund-raising game and this is when its popularity really skyrocketed. By the 1960’s bingo is a worldwide phenomenon. The bingo game was now a combination of church fundraising; low-cost entertainment and a highly attended social event, which even had its own venue, the now famous bingo hall.
For a long time however, regardless of the huge popularity surrounding bingo, it developed a strange reputation. Suddenly bingo was being labeled as a game only played by old ladies! This ill-constructed concept about the bingo game soon diffused though, and we know today that bingo is a game that can be, and is enjoyed by players of both genders, of all ages, races, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Now that bingo has come to the World Wide Web, i.e. the Internet, there is no stopping the lengths of the game’s reach and capacities. There are so many aspects of bingo on the Internet that differ from land-based bingo halls, as there are different types of bingo games played in various parts of the world, the demand and thus what online bingo sites need to offer their players also differs. Online bingo sites have the advantage that they are able to offer bonuses and special promotions with membership, and most bingo sites also offer other online games as well. Prizes and Jackpots are often significantly bigger due to the huge volume of players enlisted at online bingo sites. Throughout our Best US Bingo site you will find all the important bingo related information you need to enjoy playing the best online bingo games, with the best bingo promotions at the best online bingo sites!
For those more curious bingo players, here are some interesting facts and tidbits about bingo you probably didn’t know!
- A normal bingo game lasts an average of 4 to 5 minutes to be played and won.
- The average time to validate a bingo win is 30 seconds.
- Bingo is a game that holds the highest percentage ratio of winners. 96% of players have won playing bingo according to latest statistics.
- Approximately 30% of bingo lovers are under the age of 35.
- Worldwide polls reveal that there are over 2.5 million regular female bingo players and women spend 50% more time playing bingo than men.
- When surveyed, most bingo players listed fun, entertainment, friendship and community as main reasons for playing bingo rather than “winning money.”
- Bingo is the #1 fund-raising source in North America.
- No person could live long enough to print every possible bingo card. When calculating the total number of possible bingo card combinations, an astonishing 552, 446, 474, 061, 129, 000, 000, 000, 000 comes up!
- It is rumored that Carl Leffler, the math professor who developed over 6,000 unique bingo card combinations, went insane afterwards…no wonder!